Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am about to issue possession proceedings against one of my

Customer Question

I am about to issue possession proceedings against one of my commercial tenants. The property is completely commercial with no residential whatsoever. I have been in dispute with this tenant for a few months and am now fed up with the situation. I have photographic and documentary evidence of his breaches and am confident I can win in court. He pays his rent ok so I cannot use this as an excuse to evict him. He says if I take him to court he will counter claim for various bogus reasons and I am worried it is going to cost me a lot of money to take him to court. Is the possession case solely about the merits of the eviction or can he cloud the issue with monetary claims?. I am not bothered about him taking me to court for these claims as I can defend them but I want him gone and don't want to get bogged down with his lies.

can someone answer this please ?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,