75100385

if I am a tenant in a council flat and have secure tenancy

Customer Question

if I am a tenant in a council flat and have secure tenancy do I take it with me if I moved to any other housing association

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is any of the property owned by a local Authority or association.
JACUSTOMER-bhp1vmlx- :

the property is owned by catalyst

JACUSTOMER-bhp1vmlx- :

my flat now is owned by the council but the one I want to move in is owned by catalyst

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

In that case no

Alex Watts :

If the Council had transferred that property to a Housing Association then yes the rights would transfer

Alex Watts :

But if you are moving out of a Council property and into an Association property then your rights end and you start again

Alex Watts :