wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Hi hope you can help.We dont have a good relationship with

Customer Question

Hi hope you can help.
We don't have a good relationship with our Landlords of our business premises but have always been good tenants & paid the rent on time.
last year we signed a new lease after some pressure as if we didn't agree to the new terms they were going to end the tenancy.
Clauses included int he new lease were that we would install new water heaters in the toilets - we have had no hot water on the premises for 14 years!! Also that the barge boards would be painted white - there is nothing wrong with them at the moment they just want them white now!
We were also to plaster the internal walls of the building as they are breeze blocks now. All this is cosmetic work & not actually necessary. We asked if instead of plastering the walls we could look at installing new toilets on the premises as the image of the existing ones isn't good.
All this was to be carried out by 1st April 2014. We have had quotes for the new heaters but no-one is able to do the work before September - they have all commented that it would be more practical to install a new boiler which is 30 years old & have hot water fed that way. Our landlords say that whilst the boiler can be repaired they will not replace it.
As quite alot of work is needed in the toilets we have been looking into government funding to assist us with this. This is currently ongoing.
We were also expected to clear the yard of weeds & trees which has been done.
The landlord who I deal with has been seriously ill in hospital so obviously I have not been in contact with him.
we received a letter via out solicitor last week asking about the situation to which we replied as above & brought them up to date on where we are.
Our landlords actually walked into our premises last night unannounced & asked our receptionist to look in the toilets. They never introduced themselves as the landlords.
I received a phone call from one of the landlords last night who was quite rude to me on the phone & demanded a meeting today. I said that wasn't convenient & would get back to him
I have tried to contact my solicitor this morning to see where we stand but unfortunately he is on holiday.
we feel they are employing bullyboy tactics at the moment & would appreciate some advice please
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer :

Hello. I've read the background, but do you have s specific question please?