Alice H, Solicitor
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

what happens if your neighbour applies for planning and we

what happens if your neighbour applies for planning and we object and they win..can we appeal with a lawyer
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

Presumably the local planning committee of the council granted p/p?

Customer:

not yet but I want to make sure that my position is clear and if using a solicitor would be a more direct

Alex Hughes :

Under the planning laws only the person who made the application has a right of appeal. There are no appeal rights for third parties or other interested persons. But if the planning authority makes an unlawful decision it may be possible to challenge that decision by way of judicial review. It's a matter for you as to whether you wish to instruct a solicitor - whether the cost is worth incurring depends on how important the issue is to you and how this p/p will affect the enjoyment of your land.