75100385

I am currently evicting a tenant (Section 21) and the latest

Customer Question

I am currently evicting a tenant (Section 21) and the latest tenancy agreement marked 'A', the 2 months notice marked 'C' a copy of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme certificate but I note that on the form N5B, question 3 part 2 asks for the notice in writing that the tenancy was to be a 'shorthold tenancy' - to be marked 'B'. I do not have a copy of the original letter sent to the tenant but I do have an agreement form from the local authority who provided the initial deposit. This details that the tenancy is a Shorthold tenancy. Will this suffice?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What type of tenancy did they have, was it an AST or a different tenancy please?

Customer:

The tenancy has been an Assured Shorthold since it began. I advised the client when she viewed the property and she told me she had expected that that would be the case. As she was in Local Authority emergency housing, the LA lent her the deposit monies, for which I signed an agreement. I still have this document.

Alex Watts : Do you have details of which scheme the deposit is protected in please?
Customer:

It is the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme) service.

Alex Watts : You have the original agreement still.
Alex Watts : ?
Customer:

Do you mean the original tenancy agreement? If so, yes I do.

3B is in relation to the agreement.

A) means the original expired and its now a periodic

B) means there is nothing stating its not an AST

C) means its a farming tenancy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, to finalise, I need to send the completed form N5B plus a copy of the expired tenancy agreement, marked A, plus a copy of the Notice to Quit, marked C and a copy of the proof of recorded delivery posting, marked C1.

Can you advise me of the court fee please?

Yes that is correct.

Court fee: £280.