wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

my friend is currently having a dispute with their neighbor

Customer Question

my friend is currently having a dispute with their neighbor over parking issues on an area that to me looks like a turning bay which joins both houses,but his neighbor is adamant that he owns that peice of land. ive been looking through my friends deeds but dont really understand alot of it, it shows boundary lines on the map but surely my friend still has right of way on this land to access his property and if any work is to be carried out? also the neighbor works for a company called devon and cornwall fire protection ltd, which is registered in his name and at his home address, it states that it is a private limited company, yet he has emergency lights on top of his vehicle which i only thought emergency services were allowed these. please correct me if im wrong. thank you
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer :

Hello. Do you have access to the title register and title plan for your friend's house?

JACUSTOMER-x96bxvop- :

no i dont, and i have no idea of what one is?

JACUSTOMER-x96bxvop- :

in the deeds it states that my friend has access to this land to get to his garage which joins his neighbours , but it also states that his neighbor cannot make alterations to this area without permission from my friend

wingrovebuyer :

Ok, thanks. Well it sounds like the neighbour does own the land but that it is subject to rights benefitting your friend's property. Your friend should show these details to the neighbour and say that they will enforce their rights.

JACUSTOMER-x96bxvop- :

Ok. Thank you for your help.

wingrovebuyer :

Please don't forget to leave a rating.