Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

Can a real estate company stop an exit from the UK to an overseas

Can a real estate company stop an exit from the UK to an overseas destination because of not paying out a lease in UK
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Owing unpaid rent on a lease is not a criminal offence it is a civil matter, you cannot be prevent from leaving the UK just because you owe someone money. That said, there is nothing to stop this creditor from seeking a court order against you demanding payment and looking to enforce it in whatever country you go to. This would obviously be a very expensive process so they would have to be certain that you had the funds or they could find you at the very least, in order to take such action.

Alex J. :

Can you provide me with any more details? Kind regards AJ