75100385

If an adjacent hedge to my boundary is removed and in the process

If an adjacent hedge to my boundary is removed and in the process my fence is removed I am liable for the replacement boundary fence? If so is there any legal specification I must adhere too?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why was the fence removed please?
Customer:

The third party has recently purchased the adjacent property and was carrying out improvements to his garden. In removing the hedge, which was on his side inadvertently removed my fence and the concrete posts that marked the boundary.

Alex Watts : In that case no you do not have to pay for it. The neighbour does.
Alex Watts : Had it not been for him removing it, the boundary fence would not need to be replaced.
Alex Watts : So the answer is no.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

no thanks - that's what we thought - just required clarification