75100385

Help with tenancy agreement

Customer Question

My daughter has signed a tenancy to rent a property with three of her uni friends next term.There are two boys my daughter Melissa and her best friend Roxy. This was signed in January 14 ready to move into in October 14 after summer break.During the last few weeks of uni the 2 boys and Roxy had a few issues which would make it extremely uncomfortable for her to live with them, in fact her parents have decided they do not want her moving into the rented accommodation with them. My daughter Melissa does not wish to move in on her own with the 2 boys so both girls contacted the landlord and the boys to try and resolve this issue. The girls will now look for different property to rent and have offered the boys replacement tenants but they are refusing to accept them. The landlord isn't understanding and has also refused the new replacements, he says if the boys are no happy with replacements then neither is he. Landlord expects both girls to pay ( as per agreement) half rent from June 28th till October then full rent until they come up with replacements the boys and he accepts. We've been told that he will take legal action if he receives no half rent as of next week.I have the tenancy agreement with me and I'm happy to share details with you

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is there anything in the tenancy agreement that allows them to terminate early please?