wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

The neighbour who owns the adjoining property at the bottom

The neighbour who owns the adjoining property at the bottom of my garden has put up a green garden netting screen along the length of the boundary fence at a height of about 10-12 feet but some 3 feet or so back from the fence. The screen is supported from branches of a tree on my side of the fence. It effectively restricts my view beyond the fence and detracts from the amenity of my garden Can I object to his use of my tree for this purpose ? Am I at liberty to remove or prune the branches being used to support this screen ? I have contacted the local planning authority and am waiting for their opinion as to whether any planning regulations are being infringed. Photos of the sceen are available on request. Regards Michael  XXXXXXX 

Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello. You could cut the branches, as it's your tree, but you are not entitled to damage the screen, even if it isnot there with your permission.