wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

my neighbour has a conifer that must be 20 to 30 foot high

Customer Question

my neighbour has a conifer that must be 20 to 30 foot high right on the boundary fence she does not wish to have this removed although the previous owner assured me that it would be taken out.We live in a small bungalow very much overshadowed by this tree I am worried about the root system also.My mother is coming up to 93 I do not need the worry
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer :

Hello. If your neighbour won't act, you can report this to your local council, environmental health. They will assess the tree and will contact the owner if there is an issue with height. They can require the tree to be trimmed, and can actually serve an ASBO on the owner if they refuse to cooperate!