Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been quoted a price for a small piece of grass land

Customer Question

I have been quoted a price for a small piece of grass land at the side of my fence,at the first app i was told it was building land and they quoted me £10,000. There is no way that this little piece of grass is building land,its to small and if they built anything it would be to close to my home, can you please tell me if i can appeal against this price and if so whom to contact please.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Who quoted this? Was anything signed please?
JACUSTOMER-rdsz6tjy- :

No nothing signed, over the phone with Basildon Council

Alex Watts : Ok, it's bad news then.
Alex Watts : They can charge as much or as little as they want, it is a matter of negotiation.
Alex Watts : However you can get a second opinion on valuation and provide it to the council.
Alex Watts : You can instruct a surveyor for this.
Alex Watts : The council may or may not accept this valuation
Alex Watts : But sadly until contracts are exchanged they can name their price.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-rdsz6tjy- :

sorry not happy with response from you already knew this,for £28 you hav,nt looked into anything so i woul like a refund please.

Alex Watts : When you say looked into anything, what do you expect me to do please?
Alex Watts : This is a question and answer site, we can only tell you what to do.
Alex Watts : What else do you want to know?