Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

I have been renting a space in an industrial unit. the company

Customer Question

I have been renting a space in an industrial unit. the company that had the lease have gone into liquidation but my property is still in the building. the landlord has now locked the gates so i cant gain access. what are my rights to enter the building and remove my property?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is AJ and I will assist you. Unless you have a specific right to enter the property under your contract with the company you cannot just enter the property without permission. You will be entitled to get your property back but you will have to arrange this with the liquidator.

Alex J. :

What I suggest you do is write to the liquidator and demand immediate access to your property. To speed the process up, provide the liquidator with proof of your ownership of your goods if possible. I would also say to the liquidator that you are putting them on notice that you will hold them liable for any costs or expenses incurred in any unnecessary delay in your being able to access your property.

Alex J. :

Can I assist any further? Kind regards AJ