Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Under the landlord and tenant act 1985 section 20 refers to

Under the landlord and tenant act 1985 section 20 refers to 18 month liability, we have a block of 23 flats and have not received an invoice or accounts for 4 years, does this 18 month liability rule apply to all services e.g. water, electric, and insurance.....the act just talks about provision of services.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Under Section 20B of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, your landlord must demand payment from you within 18 months of the cost being incurred, unless they have written to you within 18 months of the cost being incurred, to inform you that you will be billed at a later date.
This "cost" relates to all services provided by the Landlord, under which it is normal the Tenants would pay under the yearly service charge. It therefore includes any block Buildings Insurance/ maintenance costs relating to the Block/its common parts/any communal electricity or water charges.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL