75100385

If a neibours washing comes over my fence am I entitled to

If a neibours washing comes over my fence am I entitled to take it down or insist that the line is removed

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Could you explain the situation a little more please?

Customer:

I am dispute with a neibour at the rear of my garden. The housing association claim that it is a joint ownership fence but the uprights are in my garden and I have been led to believe it is my responsibility. However, a washing line has been errected on the other side of the fence which I object to but if it is joint then I have no choice but to accept it. At the weekend washing was hanging over the fence onto my plants. What is the law on this. Can I take the washing, I have been told that if washing comes over I can demand the line is taken down, is the case.

Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : If you own your side anything that comes over your side, even if the air is trespass.
Alex Watts : You can take it down or ask that it be removed.
Alex Watts : If is a trespass, even if it does not touch the ground.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?