UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I own the lease of a flat in a Victorian house convrted into

I own the lease of a flat in a Victorian house convrted into 6 flats. There is a management company which owns the freehold of the property and each of the 6 leaseholders is a director of the management company which is limited by guarantee. We need to spend some £20,000 on roof repairs and it will be necessary for additional financial contributions to be made by the leaseholders. We are currently obtaining 3 reports and estimates for the cost of the works.
As all all leaseholders are Directors and effectively part owners of the freehold is it sufficient to lay these reports & estimates before a directors meeting to gain approval to proceed with the works or do we have to give notice and have a consultation period under Landlords & Tenants Acts.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's OK.

Pat Colling

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Strictly speaking, being leaseholders and owning share of the freehold are two different things, although it is the same person wearing two hats.

I would advise that the consultation still be done formally as required by S. 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience