75100385

I am selling my property and renting it back until my new property

Customer Question

I am selling my property and renting it back until my new property is available. The buyer of my property has prepared an assured shorthold tenancy with a 6 month term. They have agreed to a break clause which states, "the Tenant may terminate this Agreement upon giving not less than two weeks written notice to the Landlord." which is the flexibility that I have asked for. Is there anything else I need to be aware of. The rest of the tenancy agreement appears fairly standard.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No not really

Alex Watts :

Save for what happens if you dont complete within 6 months?

Alex Watts :

Do you want a right to renew?

Alex Watts :

That is the only other thing I can think of

Alex Watts :

The break clause is fine and your deposit will have to be protected.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I have a completion date expected well within the 6 months so I think it's reasonably comfortable without a right to renew. compliance with the tenancy deposit protection scheme is specified as a landlord obligation so I think it all looks good.

Great. Good luck