2000 Parents move to Northern Ireland and buy their house outright
2002 Mum diagnosed with Dementia (early stages)
2005 Deeds transferred to my name with Dad's solicitor. Mum and Dad have right of residence until they die.
2011 Dad died - house is not part of his estate. Dad was Mum's primary carer but did not have Power of Attorney. He acted as her Appointee.
2011 My brother is told about the house. He confirms this with Dad's solicitor. My brother has come from China to be my Mum's carer.
2014 Mum died in testate 9.5.14
2014- 6.6.14 My brother asks that the house be sold and the funds distributed between the three of us.
My brother is applying to the High Court in Belfast to have the assignment overturned on the basis that:
1. Dad acted illegally as Mum had dementia therefore was not competent to make this decision
2. I manipulated this for my own gain
3. Dad, the solicitor and myself have committed fraud
Points to note:
1. My brother visited twice in the 11years prior to Dad's death. For New Year in 2001 and in August 2011 when I told him Dad had 8 weeks to live
2. 2000 - 2009 my brother lived in Norwich
3. 2009-2011 My brother lived in China