2000 Parents move to Northern Ireland and buy their house outright
2002 Mum diagnosed with Dementia (early stages)
2005 Deeds transferred to my name with Dad's solicitor. Mum and Dad have right of residence until they die.
2011 Dad died - house is not part of his estate. Dad was Mum's primary carer but did not have Power of Attorney. He acted as her Appointee.
2011 My brother is told about the house. He confirms this with Dad's solicitor. My brother has come from China to be my Mum's carer.
2014 Mum died in testate 9.5.14
2014- 6.6.14 My brother asks that the house be sold and the funds distributed between the three of us.
My brother is applying to the High Court in Belfast to have the assignment overturned on the basis that:
1. Dad acted illegally as Mum had dementia therefore was not competent to make this decision
2. I manipulated this for my own gain
3. Dad, the solicitor and myself have committed fraud
Points to note:
1. My brother visited twice in the 11years prior to Dad's death. For New Year in 2001 and in August 2011 when I told him Dad had 8 weeks to live
2. 2000 - 2009 my brother lived in Norwich
3. 2009-2011 My brother lived in China
Yes as far as I know
It varied - some days she was very lucid and clear. She listened to all that was going on around her. I was not present when the assignment was made nor did I know of it until about 2008
No financial investment
My family and I invested our time to care for both parents.
My brother locked me out and refused me and my family access to Mum during the last 18 months of her life. He told everyone that his solicitor had advised him not to answer emails, texts, phone calls etc from me and not to let me in the house as I could evict him.
I mean I was not present during their discussions leading up to the assignment
To mourn / grieve for our Mum
To grieve/mourn Mum