75100385

I have a small portion of land which was fenced off by my neighbour

Customer Question

I have a small portion of land which was fenced off by my neighbour 6 years ago so that it now forms part of their garden. The titled deeds clearly show that this is part of my boundary. However, 6 years ago I let my neighbour organise the new fence which I paid for as it was my responsibility as per the deeds. Whilst I clarified the boundary line at the time my neighbour ignored this and I ignored their error and time has just passed by until now.

I would like to correct the fence position. This is not a debate about the exact position of the fence as the deeds clearly show who the patch of land belongs to but one of whether the land has now passed to my neighbour due my failure to do anything about the matter until now.

If I simply go ahead and correct the fence border what are the implications? Have I lost the land due to any time constraints?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Who owns the actual fence itself please?