75100385

I have a neighbour to the rear of our property who has annexed

Customer Question

I have a neighbour to the rear of our property who has annexed green belt land to his land. I complained to the local council and after a site visit the matter was referred to the councils solicitor. After some months of deliberation I received a letter that stated he was allowed to 'undertake essential maintenance'. By this I assumed this would be to his boundary fencing.
The person appears to have taken this to be to the land he has annexed to his. This compromises our view over the farmland and trees to our rear as he keeps 'popping up' into an area which gives him a view into our bungalow master bedroom and kitchen. I am unable to approach the council again as the solicitors letter stated that this was an end of the matter. Surely annexing greenbelt in this manner is not allowed.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Has he fenced off this new land as his please?

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

no he has not fenced off the new land but he has put upright paving along the boundary with the farmers field.

Alex Watts :

So he has put slabs on the Councils property?

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

Replying to your query.

Alex Watts : Yes I need to know, in effect has he put slabs on the councils land?
JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

Rod Flint says:

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

rrrrrr

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

No the farmers land is not council land it ultimately belongs to the Leigh estates family trust. The councils involvement is that they decide if the land is greenbelt or another classification. It is presently designated 'green belt'. Our original complaint was made to the council because of their involvement with the classification. The land annexed is approximately 30 sq metres, and could be viewed as a president to other properties bordering this greenbelt. Hope this info helps.

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

Regards Rod

JACUSTOMER-yjucm61k- :

re yesterdays email for 'president' read 'precedent' sorry about this typo!