Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

A property I own has been let to German nationals since September

Customer Question

A property I own has been let to German nationals since September 2010. The letting agency obtained rent in advance from the tenant and paid it into my account every six months. In June the company was taken over by a larger estate & letting agency. They are currently holding the last two months of the rent because their rules are that the rent is only paid on each due date.

As the agreement I had was with the previous company & I expect the same conditions to apply am I right to insist on full payment. After all it is my money they are holding.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Did your agreement with the original letting agency say that the agency may assign the agreement to a third party?