tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of advising on property issues.
73598664

A friends husband has just died, they have lived in a house

Customer Question

A friends husband has just died, they have lived in a house for 30 years provided rent free by his former employer who has now asked her to leave, does she have any rights ?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is Tony, I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

The rights tht she has will really be down to the employment contract or tenancy agreement that her husband had with the employer. Normally, the right to remain will end if husband's employment ends. These types of tenancies aredifferent from the usual professional/commercial tenancy, whereby rent is paid per month to the landlord.

JACUSTOMER-dsujh9ea- :

There is no tenancy or contract of employment . The house was in lieu of a pension when he retired 30 years ago.

tdlawyer :

I see you've rated the answer as poor. I'm not sure why, can you help me with that? If there is anything I can address then I will do that for you, but as this is a chat, this wasn't the answer, it was a starting point for us to talk becaus eI did thia at 10.42am this morning and you didn't joint the chat until 7.25pm.

tdlawyer :

As soon as you re-joint the chat, I will gladly help you further.