LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have just found out that my neighbour has removed the boundary

Customer Question

I have just found out that my neighbour has removed the boundary fence between us without our permission and he has also put a concrete screed onto the back of my building and bricked up the space between OUR garage and the building he has defaced. What can we do about it? He has some kind of floor plan marked out in his garden. We are in the UK.

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Have you asked him what he is doing?

JACUSTOMER-jtt2kcuc- :

We managed to speak to him tonight and he said he didn't think the boundary fence mattered seeing as we had built the craft room. When questioned about why he had put a screed onto the back of the building and why he had bricked up the space between craft room and garage he answered " I want to make my garden look better!" My husband told him we want the fence or a fence putting back up, the bricked up area taken down and made good. We told him that the screed could stay as it would cause damage to our building if he tried to remove it. He said he would take the wall down and sort the boundary out. We left it at that and decided we will give him a couple of weeks to make a move before taking the matter further. Did we do right or wrong?

LondonlawyerJ :

It sounds like your actions have been sensible and it is always best to do things by agreement whenever possible.