Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

how do i find out why and who used a locksmith to gain entry

Customer Question

how do i find out why and who used a locksmith to gain entry to my property and change the locks thanks
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

own A flat rented out to housing aso for x years tenancy come to an end july 12 went to flat in nov/dec 12 to find locks changed note on door from some key holding service telling me phone number to ring i do they will not tell me any details but they do work for utilitiey companies i find edf where providing power to propertty i talk to them they say yes we have keys come and get them this was 1 year ago today i phone them for the keys they say we never got order to get into your flat i have lost phone number of key holding sevice i have no idia who or why person/s wont to get into my flat it is no 2 years since i was larst in my flat and it is costing me a fortune.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Is there any reason you cannot just get a locksmiths to gain entry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am a bulder i could do it myself with a big hammer or get a lock smith not cheap but i wont to find out who and why this was done

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Well, there are no registers. You just have to check the likely candidates.

From whats been said already, the obvious explanation is that there was some form of utilities warrant. The way forward with that is to check with your local Magistrates Court to see if there were any warrants in relation to this property. They may well need more information than you have though.

Alternatively you could try the energy provider.

Its not likely to be a court otherwise because the most common reason for this is eviction under a court order which could only be done upon your application.

The other alternative is it the police. They may have had a warrant to enter but would not have changed the locks.