75100385

A utility company obtained a warrant to enter my buy to let

A utility company obtained a warrant to enter my buy to let property - by force.
Is anyone able to look at the warrant, and supposed steps taken by the Utility Company to make prior contact to see if everything has been done correctly?
Regards,
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes can you upload it?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

With the excuse ...

Customer:

"As the property is owned by “XXX”, it is their (i.e. their representatives) responsibility to notify all Utility companies. At the point of move in/out we should have been notified of company details and a forwarding address."

Customer:

Which we did ... to the last utility on file ... but tenant had changed utility companies! Even when BG entered the property, we had no idea who had entered

Alex Watts :

What a company needs to do is write to the occupier and warn them of arrears and their intention to apply for a warrant.

Alex Watts :

If there is no response then the company can apply to the Court.

Alex Watts :

The Magistrates tend to agree these on mass as there are so many

Alex Watts :

Once there is a warrant they can force entry

Alex Watts :

The warrant looks ok

Alex Watts :

However if the tenants caused arrears and they have moved you can contact the company and they will normally come back and reconnect

Alex Watts :