75100385

I have now received another letter from the these peoples lawyer

Customer Question

I have now received another letter from the these peoples lawyer again threatening to start court proceedings unless I agree to sign over the piece of land that was not transferred originally with the sale. They currently have in their possession an item that belongs to me and I have asked for proof that it is in good condition before I sign over the land. They are saying they will not provide photographic proof until after I have signed the agreement . If I don't agree to sign it by 4 pm tomorrow they will start court proceedings. My question is . If I refuse to sign the land over until I have photographic proof it is in the condition I expect it to be in , is that unreasonable ? and if they do start court proceedings how long will it take to come to court and if they win what sort of liability am I looking at, sued for loss of sale ?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No it is not unreasonable.

Alex Watts :

If they have something of yours, you are entitled to see that it is in good condition.

Alex Watts :

They can try and sue for loss of sale, but you have something of theirs and they do you

Alex Watts :

Customer:

if I refuse the sign by tomorrow , and they issue court proceedings , how long will it take to get to court?

Alex Watts :

Probably around 3 months

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

And if they loose the sale because of my actions will i be liable for all costs and loss of sale

Alex Watts :

Potential claim

Alex Watts :

Not saying they would win but there is a potential for a claim

Alex Watts :

Does this clarify?

Customer:

So if they win , and are awarded costs etc , and I can't pay . can they bankrupt me although I have no UK assets. Although I live in Spain and have assets there.

Alex Watts :

They could bankrupt you yes

Alex Watts :

They could go after assets in Spain yes

Alex Watts :

But unlikely

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

how long would that take?

Alex Watts :

Several months after Judgment

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/