LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have a leasehold flat in a purpose built block. It is mortgaged.

Customer Question

I have a leasehold flat in a purpose built block. It is mortgaged. I have a parking space in 'community garage' brought also at time of purchase of flat. My question. I would like to split the Deeds. 1 for flat. 1 for parking space. How can I do this please? Mary Bishop
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you tell me a little more please?

Customer:

The flat is in Leeds on a 'buy to let morgage'. Brought for my pension. I wish to sell the flat in the next year or 2 but wish to keep the parking space as it is being used by a separate person to who is in the flat. Thank you

LondonlawyerJ :

This will be perfectly easy unless there is a prohibtion on separating the flat from the car parking spot. You need to check the terms of your lease to see if there is any such prohibition.