Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

our neighbours have built a shed that is touching our side

Customer Question

our neighbours have built a shed that is touching our side wall. the rain comes down onto the wall and is causing it to be damp.. Please advise of what rights we have to make them do something about it.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
You have a claim against the neighbour in negligence and common-law nuisance.. You can sue them for any damage caused as a result.
You can also get an injunction to make them move the shed or at least abate the nuisance as well as claim for the cost of rectifying the damage.
If you have house insurance check to see if you have legal expenses cover because it may be that you are insured for the legal costs.