Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

hello i am a tenant and have just been served a 2 months

hello
i am a tenant and have just been served a 2 months notice that the landlord has ended the least and wants to sell the property. i came home to find the selling estate agency try to enter the property with prospective buyers with being informed i refused the mentry. even with notice is it ok for them to be showing people around the property with my belongings still present??
thank you
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
If you are in the last few months of your occupancy then the agents are free to enter. They are allowed 'reasonable access' which extends to showing prospective tenants.
They have to give you no less than 24 hours notice by a received means and be willing to rearrange a reasonable number of times if the proposed time is inconvenient.
On your primary point though, they are free to enter with your belongings there as long as they comply with the other requirements.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

thank you for your answer the tenancy was ended prematurely using the clause that gives 2 months notice and still had 4 months to run on the original agreement. is that the same as the tenancy agreement coming to an end??

thank you

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
He cannot end an AST early using a S21 form.
He can only do that if there are S8 breaches and then he needs a court order.