wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I purchased my house, new and from the developer, Sept 2005.

I purchased my house, new and from the developer, Sept 2005. It has a shared fence and my title deeds showed this fence to be the responsibility of the owner, at that time the developer, of the adjoining property.The adjoining house was bought from the developer June 2006 and the title deeds for that transaction showed the fence now to be my responsibility!! The developer is now liquidated. Do I have to accept partial responsibility for this fence even though, when I bought it, I had no responsibility whatsoever for it and I would have contested this at the time of my purchase?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
wingrovebuyer :

Hello. As the responsibility was agreed at the time of your purchase, the developer can't change that without your consent. The agreement with you therefore stands.