Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My neighbour (who has had a pair of semi detached houses built

Customer Question

My neighbour (who has had a pair of semi detached houses built on his land next to my property after building himself a new house in his back garden) is building his boundary wall between our properties taller (nearly 6ft) along side my path to my back gate and in front of my conservatory and garage windows (distance of 4ft 4inches).This was not on the plans for the new houses. I returned home yesterday afternoon to find a bricklayer and my neighbour on my drive and path and told me they had got to work my side when I approached them. No-one at any time has informed me of his intentions to develop the wall nor has anyone asked my permission to allow him or his workmen access to work on my land. I have found information of the Party Wall Act 1996 on line and spoken to him and given him a letter stating the facts (section 8, it is his legal responsibility to provide me, as the adjoining owner and occupier, written notice about his planned work on the boundary wall at least two months before the planned starting date for work to be carried out, Section 9, his intention to exercise entry on my land) this morning when they reappeared on my land. My neighbour argued and shouted at me telling me I was jeaous and that it is not a party wall. They have continued to work on my land today while I was out searching for a solicitor who could give me advice what to do about it to no avail. Do I have any rights still as I couldn't find a way to stop them? I did not think this is a matter for the police. Are you able to advise me? Your time and advice will be much appreciated.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is there any proof of this promise or is this mentioned in the will?

Did the family member to who it was promised work in the business or have anything to do with it or in any other way rely on the promise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Answer had nothing to do with my question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Your answer does not relate to my question
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, that question related to a different post.

However, since you have relisted this I will opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Answer did not relate to my question