Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

Does no trade, manufacture or business may be conducted at

Does 'no trade, manufacture or business' may be conducted at the property' include giving the address as that of the registered office ? This would involve receiving perhaps six letters per annum.
Peter Burton
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist.
Simply using an address as a registered office does not fall within using it for any trade manufacturing or business. The registered office is only a statutory address for service.
I would just bare in mind that if an interested party wanted to try and enforce this covenant against you then they probably would use this as evidence. It would not however in my opinion be conclusive evidence, they would need to show some form of business actually being conducted, i.e employers or customers coming and going.
In any event if an interested party does complain you can always change the registered office by sending one piece of paper to Companies House.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ