LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

i have a neighbor who is preventing vehicular access to my

Customer Question

i have a neighbor who is preventing vehicular access to my commercial property with a gate and is holding me to ransom.
can anyone tell me if this act: Vehicular Access Across Common and Other Land (England) Regulations 2002
is applicable to commercial properties
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/1711/introduction/made
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this. I am afraid this is out of date law and has not been in force since 2006. Can you tell me a bit more please. What sort of access have you had and for how long?

JACUSTOMER-9xx5y827- :

the access has been on foot for over 100 years and by vehicle for about 5 years by my tenants and his own tenants. he has gated off the access and given his tenants as pass code but not my tenants and is demanding 6000 pa

LondonlawyerJ :

I would be grateful if you would give me bit of time to a bit more research on this. At the moment I can think of no reason why he couldn't charge for access but I want to check before saying this for sure.

LondonlawyerJ :

I have looked into his further and spoken to a colleague who is very knowledgeable on these issues and I am afraid that there is no rule that gives you a right to vehicular access. The provision you refer to has been repealed.