Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

On my Title Deed I have the paragraph as follows The benefit

On my Title Deed I have the paragraph as follows
The benefit so far as the Council can grant the same of the covenants on the part of all Transferees of other parts of the Estate with full power to enforce the observance of such covenants.
Which I believe means the Council has the power to enforce the covenants ?. Just wondering if anyone can clarify this ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The wording that you have stated means that you (as owner) have the right to enforce the restrictive covenants on other owners of properties within the estates.
Covenants are obligations to do or not do something. The council impose covenants so as to protect the development as a whole.
The wording gives you the power to enforce breaches of covenants by other owners within the estate. Other owners will have a similar right in their transfers.
The council will probably also have reserved a power to enforce covenants against owners of the estate for themselves elsewhere in the transfer which the registered title is referring to.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom