75100385

My daughter and her husband own a property in Derby. Their

My daughter and her husband own a property in Derby. Their neighbours are renting their poperty via a Landlady.
Bewteen the properties is a passageway which is owned by my daughter and her husban but the neighbours have access.
As the passageway extends into the rear garden of the properties both had brick walls for their respective boundaries with the passageway in between them.
Recently damage was caused to the neighbours wall causing it to collapse. In doing so it fell onto the boundary wall of my daughter property and caused it to collaspe.
My daughter has made contact with the Landlady regarding this but she has been evasive regarding liability. The Landlady has indicated her insurance will not cover the damage caused to my daughters wall. Cost of replacement is in the region of £1000.00.
Can you please advise what action my daughter can take regarding this issue.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

There is clear liability on behalf of the Landlady.

Alex Watts :

Clearly this is an accident and no-ones fault, but it was the Landlady's wall and therefore it caused damage and she or her insurance must cover this.

Alex Watts :

You should get a number of quotes for getting the work done - pick the cheapest as this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the Defendant and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Customer:

At this present time it appears you have answered the question fully and to our satisfaction.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex,

I was extremely pleased with your response and I have given you an excellent rating.

Thanks. I think the requests are system generated.