Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

A firm has installed a solar panels on my property on July

A firm has installed a solar panels on my property on July last year, they were suppose to install for 16 solar panels but installed for only 10 panels, when I informed the problem they told me they will look at it and they did not come back to me as yet.
how can I deal with such a dishonest co.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Are you asking if you have to let them complete?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

let them complete the work is one of the options, but I am in a loss financially because 16 panels will generate 4k/annum and that will enable me to get refund from offgem through FIT but now the installed system will only generate 3.2k/annum which mean less income from offgem

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
I cannot answer you with regard to the income from the panels because that is not a legal issue.
However they are in breach of the Supply of Goods and Services Act for failing to carry out the job with reasonable care and skill and breach of the Sale of Goods Act for supplying goods which did not correspond to description.
Your remedy is to get a price for putting the job right and then to sue them for whatever that cost is which, if it is under £10,000, will be in the Small Claims Court.
Here is the link to the Small Claims Court website for you www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
You have to give them the option (put it in writing) that unless they come and put this right by a particular date (I suggest 28 days) you will get the job put right and then sue them for the cost. You may find that they take more notice of a letter from a solicitor.