Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

How do I find out if a new landlords business is going into

How do I find out if a new landlord's business is going into liquidation? we live in flat above shop. Our flat is mortgaged.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Is the Landlord a limited company? Kind regards AJ

Customer:

Joan says: hi Thank you Sorry I do not know if limited company, but think it is not. I am new to this matter so please bear with me from Joan Regards.

Alex J. :

Hi, No problem. If it is a limited company then you would have to contact the Official Receiver

https://www.gov.uk/contact-official-receiver and find out if the company is insolvent

Alex J. :

Alternatively

Alex J. :

if you know the name of the landlord as an individual you can search the bankruptcy register here https://www.gov.uk/search-bankruptcy-insolvency-register

Alex J. :

Is there a specific issue regarding this potential insolvency? Kind regards

Alex J. :

AJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi AJ We have been to a Tribunal and now have to wait 6 weeks for the results. Thank you for your help,and will reply if I need more help. Joan

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

No problem.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

AJ