75100385

Hi I own the leasehold of a pub and was given verbal permission

I own the leasehold of a pub and was given verbal permission 7 years ago by the freeholders to rent out the 4 rooms above the pub. Im now selling the pub (lease transfer) and have been told by the new manager of the freehold that the lease doesn't allow me to rent the rooms out and that I need to put all the tenants onto bed and breakfast contracts asap. How would I go about doing this please...? They are currently all on shorthold tenancy agreements (all been there longer than 6 months).
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have all their fixed periods expired please ?
Customer:

Hi. Yes the fixed period was 6 months and they have all been there longer than 6 months.

Alex Watts : All you need to do therefore is serve notice to quit.
Alex Watts : You need to give 2 months norice which takes effect of the next billing date.
Alex Watts : For example if they pay rent on 5th of the month and you give notice on 3rd sept it takes effect from 4th sept and they have to be out by 4th nov
Alex Watts : If you give notice on 7th sept it takes effect from 5th oct and they have to be out by 4th dec.
Alex Watts : So you can just give 2 months notice and they have to leave. It is a straight forward process.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you. Some of the tenants will be remaining but on a bed and breakfast basis... is there any contract available for this or is it just a case of them coming off the shorthold tenancy agreement and then not having any notice periods for either them or the new landlord...?

Alex Watts : No, if its b&b then it's just a regular daily rate.
Alex Watts : They are then there on licence.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** great.

Customer:

Customer:

Shirley