75100385

Hi I have just negotiated a sale of a property to an investor.

I have just negotiated a sale of a property to an investor. The property was selling through an agent but I was the middle man. The investor, through email, agreed to pay me a fee of 2% of the acquisition price and 2% at the back end. The back end was for me to be involved in the redevelopment if I performed on getting planning and how well I did. The email came at a crunch point where I had no alternative but to agree. The investor on the days leading to exchange managed to get the property a lot cheaper and strangely blames me for negotiating harder and has now said he does not want me involved. Is there a case for me to take it any further? In other words will the emails stand up if I do?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help y.
Alex Watts : You
Alex Watts : I assume he is refusing to pay your fee?
Customer:

yes

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

The claim will be for much more then £10,000. A couple of things

Customer:

the investor does not live in the uk

Customer:

As I only have email does this matter, as I have no formal contract

Alex Watts :

No, this does not matter, you can still sue even if its before £10,000

Alex Watts :

Does this help?

Customer:

and will the mails stand up in court?

Alex Watts :

Yes of course as this is a contract or evidence thereof