Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Due to a family berievment it appears I have a share in a

Due to a family berievment it appears I have a share in a property that according to the TR1 land registry form is 20.45% along with 2 other people one of which has the same percentage as me and the other has 59.1%. According to information that I have been told the plan is to sell the property as it is does the percentage figure mean that I am intitiled to that percentage of the selling price?? The death was over two years ago and the probate has been delayed due to complications of the trustee not being 18 years of age could you tell me what charges I will be responsible for as far as bills are concerned??
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid that as the property is being sold, you would get 20.45% of the net proceeds of Sale (ie the Sale price less the Estate Agents and Solicitors fees).
I am sorry this may not be the answer you were looking for, but sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thank you for ur response. Does this mean that I will have to pay a share for the maintenance and upkeep of the property including bills such as gas electric and council tax and what have you??

Hi again,
It all depends really if any agreement has been reached between you and the other 2 beneficiaries, but if the property has been empty,
you and the other beneficiaries are only responsible for the outgoings (ie council tax etc) from the date the property is transferred to you. As the property is being sold, there shouldn't be any outgoings that you are responsible for, and the Estate should pay for any such outgoings.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
AL