75100385

We have a line of fir trees along the boundary with our neighbour's

We have a line of fir trees along the boundary with our neighbour's property. Most appear to originate on our land. Yesterday our neighbour, without any warning, cut back large branches and trunks of these trees. At least one trunk appears to have been on our side of the boundary. Our neighbour dumped all these branches and trunks in our driveway - preventing us from parking ou car when we returned home. We returned the branches and trunks, only for them to be thrown back late last night blocking our car in our driveway. The neighbour also wrote a note saying that the branches and trunks belong to us and they are obliged to return them to us - and do not expect them back. Are they guilty of fly-tipping and causing an obstruction?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether they asked you before dumping the branches etc?
Customer:

Hi Alex, no, nothing was said. That was particularly annoying as our neighbour watched me leave yesterday afternoon and had an opportunity to speak with me then.

Alex Watts :

In that case it is fly tipping.

Alex Watts :

You are only entitled to the debris back if it is on your land in the first place and overhangs

Alex Watts :

Even then he must OFFER them back - he can not dump them

Alex Watts :

This is fly tipping and can be reported to the Council as such

Alex Watts :