75100385

I exchanged and completed the sale of my property Friday 12

I exchanged and completed the sale of my property Friday 12 September and my solicitors sent the proceeds of my sale to my account using chaps.The money has not gone into my account and when I contacted them today sent me a copy from their bank that the proceeds had been transferred .My account details are all correct and I have checked this several times to make sure with my bank.I would like to know what to do next ,as you can imagine we are talking about a lot of money be mislaid due my solicitors bank.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have they contacted the bank to make sure it was sent correctly? Usually it has to be sent before 1pm or some deadline

Customer: Apparently it was sent Friday at 3.05 pm and I called my bank that same day and they explained it could be in on Monday as the deadline for payments had closed.Checked today and still no sign of my money.Rang my bank twice to check my saving account details were correct and they are.My solicitor did not seem in any urgency after I contacting her until I sent an email explaining that they and their bank are at fault.
Alex Watts :

Ok - I would go down to the Solicitors office

Alex Watts :

You need to ask for the CHAPS transfer receipt.

Alex Watts :

This will show you the date and time

Alex Watts :

You can then take that to your bank who can investigate..

Alex Watts :

In any event the Solicitor should be speaking to his bank to have the CHAPS transfer traced.

Alex Watts :

If the Solicitor wont assist then speak to the Managing Partner at the firm that deals with complaints

Alex Watts :

If that does not resolve the matter you can speak to the regulator, the SRA www.sra.org.uk

Alex Watts :

But ask for the receipt so your bank can trace it

Alex Watts :

But go down to the firm and dont leave until you have it!

Alex Watts :

Customer: Unfortunately I have to do everything by phone or email as I am currently working in Italy.I do feel I have the right tags they are responsible for my money.
Alex Watts :

Indeed they are.

Alex Watts :

Then speak to them tomorrow, get them to email the receipt.

Alex Watts :

Then you can speak to your bank

Alex Watts :

If not then speak to the regulator

Customer: They emailed me a swift MT103 showing the transaction I want to know if I will be able to get my money.
Alex Watts :

You should be able to.

Alex Watts :

You need to speak to your bank send the MT103 and then if not speak to the managing partner and the regulator

Alex Watts :

+44 (0)121(###) ###-####/p>

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you today please?

Customer: Thank you for your assurance as money just can't go missing and no one taking responsibility.