wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I have a house with a mortgage, I have built another house

Customer Question

I have a house with a mortgage, I have built another house in the garden, the drive is shared. My mortgage company is currently unaware of the new build. I will rent the new house. But I want to raise some finance on it through a buy to let mortgage . Can I separate the deeds , create a new one for the new house and a new one for the old house but all titles remaining in my name ?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 2 years ago.
wingrovebuyer : Hello. Yes, you can ask Land Registry to split the title, but your mortgage lender would have to agree to this. If there is plenty of equity remaining in the original property, they ought to agree to this. Best wishes, WB