LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I own the freehold of a property which is divided into a semi-detached

I own the freehold of a property which is divided into a semi-detached house and 2 leasehold flats. Can I sell the semi-detached portion separately and offer the freehold of the flats to the leaseholders?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

As long as the the the property was developed with all necessary permissions and in compliance with any building or other local regs then there should be no problem selling these separate dwellings in the way you suggest. You do need to instruct a solicitor to draw up the legal documents to make sure everything works properly.