75100385

who is responsabul if your trees over hang over your neighbours

Customer Question

who is responsabul if your trees over hang over your neighbours fences. Is your neighbour resposabul to cut the overhang down or are you?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Unless there is some other agreement, ie in your deeds you are responsible for the cost of cutting it back.
Alex Watts : You are entitled to cut back any overhanging branches on your land.
Alex Watts : However curiously the law requires you to hand back the cuttings.
Alex Watts : So sadly you are responsible for the cutting back unless there is some other agreement
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer You want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : can I claiify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-jlwlw2zx- : TU summarise then, as it my tree that overhangs their fence, I am resposabul to cut the overhang back but they can dispose of the cuttings, agree?
JACUSTOMER-jlwlw2zx- : To summarise then,as it is my tree that overhangs their fence,I an responsibly to cut the overhang back but ( leagally) they could help dispose of the cuttings, agree?
JACUSTOMER-jlwlw2zx- : I have replied and am awaiting your agreement. And reply.
Alex Watts : You are not responsble for the cutting costs
Alex Watts : you are not resposonble to cut and you are not responsble to dispose
Alex Watts : The neighbour is.
Alex Watts : But they must offer you the cuttings back
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/