LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

There is a no mans land between me and my neighbour in which

Customer Question

There is a no mans land between me and my neighbour in which there is a stream and an iron fence. I therefore assumed that their boundary was the other side of that iron fence.; I have a fence and hedge on my side; the fence has fallen down but not concerned as I have a high hedge along my boundary. I expected their boundary to be the other side of the iron fence, but they are asking me to pay towards the replacing of my fence which as far as I am concerned is this side of the "no man's" land, therefore my land which is now a fence. Where do I stand
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello. I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

You think the stream marks the boundary? If you are right and the fence is in you land then it s nothing to do with your neighbour and it is up to you to keep it in repair if you want to. Your first step is to ask your neighbour why he wants to repair the fence that as far as you are concerned is yours and on your land.