LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Is there a special type of tenancy document I need to enter

Customer Question

Is there a special type of tenancy document I need to enter into if I am allowing a person to occupy a residential property for the purposes of security and not charging them rent?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Are you employing this person to keep your flat secure while you are away or are you just letting them stay to keep it secure. Is there a fixed period of time for them to be keeping the place secure?

JACUSTOMER-mxr56nk6- :

We are letting stay to keep it secure for a fixed term

How long? I think you need to have an agreement in writing making it clear that the person is occupying for a period of whatever length and that he will be paying nothing to stay there and that in consideration of him keeping the flat safe you are alowing him to stay there.
Can you give some more information about the overall situation please as it is difficult to answer otherwise.