UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, we have a problem with a neighbour who had some of our

Hi, we have a problem with a neighbour who had some of our tree branches overhanging his fence but instead of cutting back to his boundary he has cut right back to the trunk which is at least 18 inches to 2 feet with in our boundary. we approached him to say what he was doing was wrong and that he could not just throw the cuttings on our side but he still carried on. this is the second time he has done this and now we have what looks like half a tree, branches one side and all hacked off the other. I need advice of what action I can take. Thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You may report the matter to the police and tell them that your neighbour has criminally damaged your tree.
If the police are not interested, then you may get a local solicitor to write your neighbour a letter pointing out the damage caused to your tree and holding them liable for it and getting them to compensate you for the damage.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I stand with the branches thrown on my garden?

The branches are yours as it is your tree so your neighbour is not doing anything wrong by throwing these back into your garden.
All the best, ***** ***** feedback