UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My neighbour & i do not get on at all. The fence between the

My neighbour & i do not get on at all. The fence between the properties is mine. My shed is at the end of the garden with a 4 inch gap between the shed & the fence.
He has at atlantic cedar covered in ivy about 4 feet from the boundary.
The ivy is now growing on my fence, fence posts, gravel boards, and getting under & through the fence and growing on my shed.
I have written to him, signed for delivery asking him to clear all this lot. I was very polite.
He read the letter & then put the letter through my letter box.
What do I do now?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Sorry to hear this.You may clear the ivy yourself upto the boundary and throw it back into your neighbour's land. If it has caused any damage to your property, you may claim for this damage from your neighbour in court as it seems he will not agree to paying you anything voluntarily.May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The issue is that I need to go onto his land in order to clear the ivy .

I am afraid you cannot go into his land without his permission or without a court order allowing you to do so.
You should Cut back the ivy to the boundary as any ivy growing on his land is his property and you could be accused of causing criminal damage if you cut up his ivy on his land.
Hope this clarifies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So basically I need a court order to get onto his land in order to take the ivy back to the boundary, and get if off my shed.

Yes, if he refuses to co operate with you.