LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Hello, I am currently living in a flat share. We were on

Customer Question

I am currently living in a flat share. We were on a fixed term, one year rental agreement which ended on 19 Sept. The flat was sold at auction in late July, and completion only took place on 20 Sept. I am looking to move out of my flat, however I have agreed to remain until a new tennant can be found to replace me. This arrangement was agreed with both the letting agency, and the purchaser who is now the legal owner. Our contract, at present, is rolling. A new one year, fixed term contract will be signed once my replacement has moved in.
We have since found a replacement who has agreed to move in on Monday (she has sent a text and written a message on Spare Room.con). Unfortunately she has not responded to messages in the last few days.
I have effectively paid rent up to 19 October. Am I under any obligation to pay rent beyond this point, and is there a notice i need to give the landlord to move out of the property?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

The flat was previously occupied by several people sharing? You stayed on alone on a new temporary agreement until someone was found? Is that new agreement in writing? What were the terms of the temporary agreement, were they jore preceise than you have set out in your Q. Do you pay rent monthly?